Extensive project skills in the following areas:
Construction operations management
Project management and coordination/scheduling
Land development and building design/tenant build-outs
Contract management and administration
Quality audits and analysis
City and County code compliance and plan review
Interfacing with architects, engineers, government officials, subcontractors, vendors, owners, and lending institutions
Bidding and project proposals
Project cost estimating and project takeoff
Project/budget management/cost control
Purchasing/vendor sourcing and negotiation
Personnel and subcontractor management
Process and specifications
Comprehensive consulting advice to lending institutions
Design Circle Construction Consultants – Temple Terrace, Florida 2001 to 2011
Senior Construction Analyst
(independent consultant under own firm DLJ Enterprises, Inc.)
· Provided key project consulting, and management to the owner direct hired subcontractors, to salvage Hotel project from stalemate between owner and contractor, bringing project to a successful opening.
· Developed, bid, managed, and coordinated with surrounding vertical construction, site development work for a seven building office park.
· Performed extensive financial audit and consulting on condominium project that changed contractor during construction.
· Performed financial audit and ongoing budget control on condominium project that was damaged by fire during construction, minimizing costs and facilitating project completion.
· Performed construction draw inspections on over 2,600 projects, existing facility analysis on 78 properties, and plan and cost reviews on over 500 projects.
Irwin Contracting, Inc. – St. Petersburg, Florida – Project Manager 2000 to 2001
· Exceeded minority participation requirements on all three phases of redevelopment of a
South St. Petersburg
low income neighborhood, by developing partnerships with the local community.
· Managed detailed labor records to conform to Davis-Bacon wage requirements.
Peter Brown Construction, Inc. – Clearwater, Florida – Project Manager 1999 to 2000
· Exceeded tax savings estimates on Church project through direct purchase negotiations with subcontractors and material vendors.
· Participated in value engineering studies providing cost savings in excess of 10% for the Church.
Opus South Corporation – Tampa, Florida – Project Manager 1997 to 1999
· Successfully managed multiple concurrent projects ranging from $10,000 to in excess of $19,000,000, while overseeing all aspects and phases of the projects including; design, due diligence, project management, contract administration, project coordinating between client, building owner, other tenants, government officials, design team, and the construction team, along with scheduling of new construction, build to suit, tenant build-outs, renovation and warranty close out.
· Managed construction work crews in excess of 150 support personnel and subcontractors.
· Received Associated General Contractor’s award for bringing $9,000,000 call center project in on time, with innovative strategies during period of record rainfall.
Don Stine Construction, Inc. – Plant City, Florida – Project Manager 1996 to 1997
Holben Construction Company – Tampa, Florida – Supt/Project Manager 1995 to 1995
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center – Tampa, Florida – Projects Field Coordinator 1993 to 1995
Heery Architects and Engineers – Atlanta, Georgia – Architectural Site Rep 1991 to 1993
State of Florida General Contractor – CGC1512013
State of Florida “My Safe Florida Home” Inspector Certified
University of Florida – Gainesville, Florida – Bachelor of Building Construction
University of South Florida – Tampa, Florida – Masters in Business Administration
Knights of Columbus – Member
American Society of Home Inspectors – Associate Member
RealEstateLives - Member